The President's Volunteer Service Award recognizes two students who have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to voluntary service in the greater community during the past academic year.
- The award acknowledges voluntary community service that extends beyond the boundaries of UChicago and has significant impact on the greater community. Participation or leadership in student organizations on campus does not, in and of itself, ordinarily qualify a student for this award, although these may be part of a nominee's broader portfolio of community engagement.
- In considering nominations, the selection committee will consider both the breadth and the depth of nominees' engagement in service to the greater community.
- Any registered student, undergraduate or graduate, is eligible for this award.
- Each awardee (up to 2) will receive a $500 award along with a certificate and will be honored at the University Service Recognition Reception.
- Self-nominations are not accepted for this award. Students must be nominated either by members of the University (students, faculty, staff) or by members of the broader community.
Please Note: Be sure to verify the student's eligibility before submitting a nomination.